What is Skin Brightening?
There are many ways to brighten skin, but not all are the same!
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a catch-all term that covers many different occurrences where the melanin in your skin increases. Excessive sun exposure over the years leads to sunspots, which are dark spots that most often appear on the hands, 脸, and other areas most likely to be exposed to the sun. Hormonal changes also cause hyperpigmentation. This condition is known as melasma, which affects women who are pregnant, as well as those taking hormonal birth control.
If you suffer from acne, you may experience post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Once pimples heal a small, inflamed spot is left behind that is darker than your natural skin tone. Other causes of hyperpigmentation include certain medications, such as tetracycline, and hormonal disorders, like Addison’s disease.
An even, uniform skin tone is an essential component of maintaining a beautiful complexion. That’s why hyperpigmentation is disheartening to deal with.
Understanding the Mechanisms of Depigmentation
Understanding The Mechanisms Of Depigmentation
Melanin is a natural pigment, the production of which is stimulated by UVB exposure. Melanin helps naturally protect against UV radiation penetration. Hyperpigmentation—an increased production of melanin—results in tans, freckles and age spots. There are two mechanisms that may result in hyperpigmentation:
- 增加了细胞数(melanocytes) that produce 黑素体, the organelles that convert the amino acid tyrosine into melanin, or
- 增加了 number of 黑素体 自己.
6 Methods To Achieve Skin Brightenin
Uneven skin tones are usually caused by buildup of the skin pigment melanin. So, skin brightening happens when excess pigment is removed or otherwise chemically degraded. There are six ways this may be achieved:
- Inhibit the biosynthesis of tyrosinase, an enzyme that catalyzes the production of melanin
- Interfere with the transfer of 黑素体
- Destroy melanocytes—the cells that produce melanin
- Inhibit the formation of melanin
- Inhibit the formation of 黑素体, an intracellular organelle that stores and transports melanin
然而. ONLY the first two options are safe to do with at-home skincare products. The other options (3-6) are generally done via skin bleaching, hydroquinones, and other means.
Hale Cosmeceuticals- Safe Skin Brightening
How Do we treat Hyperpigmentation?
At Hale Cosmeceuticals, we believe in a multi-脸ted and 安全 approach to skin brigtening.
- Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin and discolored skin cells. Dull skin doesn’t reflect light very well, and dead cells collect on the skin’s sur脸 regardless of how much daily washing we do. Exfoliation helps slough off dead skin cells.
- Sunscreens prevents dark spots from getting worse. 也, if you’ve stripped away dead skin cells via exfoliation, the last thing you want to do is expose the new cells beneath to UV rays.
- Anti-oxidants (like 维生素C) reduce free-radical damage to the skin and prevent oxidation and discoloration.
- We have specially formualed products with PLANT-BASED ingredients which have anti-oxidants and work in a number of ways to diminish hyperpigmentation. Some compounds block the formation of melanin; some of them target hyperactive melanocytes tshut down pigment overproduction; many are potent antioxidants that simply lighten as they encourage cell repair.
- Emblica Fruit Extract
These ingredients are found in several of our products. And we combined them ALL into our powerful skin brightening product SB-7皮肤增亮剂.